Burdened with sickness, I scarcely leave this bed.
In an hour, or maybe even two, I shall need to venture outdoors,
Food and water lacking in my chambers.
I have already cancelled all further appointments today,
Assessments and conversations that will simply have to wait until a later date.
I am in no fit state to listen, talk or perform.
I wish only to be left alone;
Time with myself being something I am robbed of these days.
Yet today I feel different. A storm is nearing, I feel.
I struggle to grasp at emotional connections.
I fail, and this in itself brings out emotion.
Frustration.
Leave me be today.
When I remerge tomorrow, I will no doubt still feel the same.
But, with smiles and with grace, it will not show.
Thou canst not teach me to forget.
Thursday, 13 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are you really only 15?? You sound and write much older. Can I add you to my blog list??
Post a Comment